Talented, Passionate People
Careers at Ord Minnett (Ords)
REWARDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR TALENTED INDIVIDUALS
Ord Minnett (Ords) offers rewarding opportunities for ambitious individuals seeking challenging careers within a dynamic environment. We attract high-performing talent from a diverse array of backgrounds and experiences. As one of Australia's oldest and largest privately owned wealth management firms, incorporating stockbroking, financial planning, corporate finance, institutional equities and research, we offer dynamic career paths.
We are always looking for talented, passionate people to join us at Ord Minnett.
In 2022, building upon its commitment to offer rewarding opportunities and diverse career pathways, we are delighted to announce the Academy@Ords.
We have always supported employee professional development through a range of programmes and initiatives.
The Academy underpins the significant investment with the link to developing future talented individuals and the next generation of business leaders who continue our legacy to build the wealth of Australian investors.
Career Development & Learning
The Professional Year (PY)
- The Professional Year (PY) is the first step to a career in Financial Advisory.
- Structured 12-month plan that requires each Trainee Adviser to undertake 100 hours of education and training whilst completing 1500 hours of work and supervised experience.
- PY participants must successfully pass the national ASIC exam to progress
- Once achieved, PY participants are termed ‘Provisional Adviser’.
- Educational Standards to be met.
Associate Adviser Program (AAP)
- The Associate Adviser Program (AAP) is the extension in your Adviser development.
- A 3-year plan designed to support Associate Advisers in early years while they build their client base and revenues.
- Support is provided through extensive training (both internal and external), supervision and mentoring.
- Underwritten and enhanced remuneration structure
- Educational Standards to be met.
The Tim Cohen Scholarship
The Tim Cohen Scholarship was established in memory of Tim Cohen, a Senior Adviser, who dedicated 44 years to Ord Minnett, and made a significant contribution to our organisation and to the financial services industry.
The Scholarship aims to support the ongoing education and development of up-and-coming Ords employees.
To date, there have been seven scholarship winners who have completed (or are in the process of completing) MBAs, CFAs, Graduate Diplomas and Bachelor Degrees.
"Winning the Tim Cohen Scholarship has made a huge difference in pursuing a Masters in Financial Planning. I am very thrilled and grateful to Ords for providing such professional development opportunities."
Founded by Charles Ord and Jack Minnett in 1951, Ords has a proud history with corporate origins dating back to 1872.
Development & Training
Committed to providing a resourceful environment to support employee professional development via programmes and initiatives.
Great culture and rewarding opportunities is testament to great employee satisfaction with an impressive average time at Ords of 11.3 years.
Ord Minnett People
Dedicated and experienced team providing best-in-class advice and service to clients
Private Client Advisers
Institutional Equities Sales
With over 270 Private Client Advisers and over 267 support staff in functional areas of research, operations, portfolio administration and reporting, IT, compliance, finance and risk assessment, Ords staff are dedicated to meeting Australian investors and clients investment ambitions.
As one of Australia's largest privately owned wealth management groups providing services in stockbroking, financial planning, corporate finance, research and private wealth, you will have the choice of various career paths.
150 years +
Proud History & Heritage