Deceased Estates Service
Irrespective of whether the shares are held through Ord Minnett or not, we can assist with your Deceased Estates matters.
Dealing with investments held in a Deceased Estate is for many a new experience which is full of unknowns. Often, the process is frustrating, and there are few people to turn to for assistance.
We want to provide some guidance to Professionals and Executors on how to administer the share and managed fund investments held by an Estate.
How Ord Minnett Deceased Estates Service can help?
Essentially, the main options for managing investments held in an Estate are to:
- Distribute or Transfer
By providing one point of contact, Ord Minnett can offer a personalised service to assist in facilitating the efficient administration of an Estate, guidance on common problems faced and advice on investments.
Even if the investments are held with another broker, or financial adviser, Ord Minnett may be able to assist.
It is important to recognise that not all Executors, Trustees or Beneficiaries have experience in managing financial affairs when it comes to shares and other financial assets of a Deceased Estate.
Our aim is to:
- Educate, inform and empower over the long-term
- Provide Estate administration assistance and on-going investment advice
- Demystify the investment and administration process
- Liaise with other professionals (accountants and lawyers)
Steps to Deceased Estates Decisions
To administer an Estate, probate maybe required.
Related Resource: What is Probate?
See your Solicitor for assistance in obtaining a grant of Probate.
For Small Estates (total market value of shares held by the Estate is under $25,000). Probate may not be required.
For Ord Minnett to Sell Shares on behalf of an Estate, we require the following:
- Certified copy of Probate
- Certified copies of Identification for the Executor/s (2 forms e.g. Drivers Licence & Medicare Card)
- Written instructions to Sell the shares from the Executor/s or Solicitor. The letter of instruction must include details of the holdings to be sold such as:
- Registered Name of the Shareholder
- Company Name
- Registered Address
- Bank account details of where the proceeds are to be paid
- Security Reference Number (SRN) - Issuer Sponsored Holdings
- Holder Identification Number (HIN) - CHESS Sponsored Holdings
Note: To administer Ord Minnett CHESS Sponsored holdings, please contact your adviser. For Issuer Sponsored holdings and other non-Ord Minnett CHESS Sponsored holdings. please email: [email protected]
Transferring shares - to the Executor/s, Beneficiaries or a Testamentary Trust
For Ord Minnett to Transfer shares on behalf of an Estate, we require:
- Certified copy of Probate
- Certified copies of Identification for the Executor/s (2 forms e.g. Drivers Licence or Medicare Card)
- Certified copies of Identification for the Beneficiaries
- Off-Market Transfer Forms
- Broker Sponsored account held with Ord Minnett for Executor/s or Beneficiaries (or completed account forms)
Note: To administer Ord Minnett CHESS Sponsored holdings, please contact your adviser. For Issuer Sponsored holdings and all other non-Ord Minnett CHESS Sponsored holdings, please email: [email protected]
Deceased Estate Checklists
General Enquiries: [email protected]
'Estate Share Transactions Simplified'
Ord Minnett understands the complexity that can surround the sale or transfer of Deceased Estate shares. It is for this reason we provide a 'Estate Share Transactions - User Guide', designed as an aid to help simplify Estate Share Transactions.
Get in Touch
Start a Conversation with an Ord Minnett Adviser today.
'Simplifying Deceased Estate Transactions'
150 years +
Proud History & Heritage
Get Investor Insights Straight to your Inbox!
Get Started. Become an Informed Investor.
By submitting your email, you understand you are opting-in to receive ongoing communications from Ord Minnett, and understand your email may be used to invite you to attend investment webinars, IPO briefings and other marketing communications and purposes. You can UNSUBSCRIBE at any time, and your email will be removed from our marketing list.