Ord Minnett has, since the days of our founding firms, been successfully investing and trading on the Australian Stock Exchange since 1872. Our private wealth clients benefit from our tradition of stockbroking insights into key companies that is unrivalled by our competitors. Discover the advantages that our full-service stockbroking provides to investors.
Ord Minnett has a rich Australian stockbroking legacy with corporate origins that date back to 1872. Today, our national team of Private Client Advisers continues this tradition, sourcing the best share portfolio opportunities for our private wealth clients to leverage on the local stock market. As a leading full-service stockbroker, we dedicate the resources needed to help clients build an investment portfolio best suited to their financial objectives.
Shares are the cornerstone of most investment and superannuation portfolios and Ord Minnett is known as the direct investment specialist. Our Advisers construct an investment strategy that ensures you have a mix of Australian equities that best meet your financial objectives and timing; whether those be dividend yield, capital growth or a combination of the two.
With a focus on the longer term horizon, our extensive research coverage of core companies listed on the ASX, combined with access to Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) through our Corporate Finance Team provide Ords clients with a true investor advantage.
The specialist Research Teams at Ord Minnett produce rigorous analysis that your Ords Adviser distills into a shortlist of suggested Australian shares that are closely aligned to your long-term goals and risk profile. This will include the stocks necessary to give you sufficient diversification within your Australian share portfolio in different sectors of growth. Ords clients can also access market analysis of daily trends through our twice daily research bulletins – Opening Bell and Closing Bell.
Australia’s historically high dividend payouts can no longer be taken for granted, especially in times of economic uncertainty. Therefore, as well as recommending the most appropriate income stocks for your portfolio, your Ords Adviser will also suggest the optimum mix of these and growth stocks. More importantly, Ords Advisers regularly rebalance your portfolio to account for macroeconomic factors that affect your yield and performance.
As an Ord Minnett client, access to our daily research and bespoke advice coupled with our experience of both the good times and the bad times, means that you have the reassurance of our track record to guide you - a dynamic portfolio that responds to changes in not only the markets but also your personal situation.
The Australian share market accounts for a mere 3% of global equities by market capitalisation and is overweight in some sectors (such as commodities and financial services) while being underweight in others (technology and healthcare). Investing in international shares through the Ord Minnett International Service (OMIS) allows you to access those opportunities which are unavailable at home and thereby diversify your portfolio.
Ord Minnett provides a simple and a comprehensive international trading service that lets you take advantage of investment opportunities in global markets.
OMIS gives Ords clients access to shares listed on all the major stock markets around the world, including the United States and its high-tech NASDAQ, Europe, Japan and emerging economies across the globe; key indices including the Dow Jones, the S&P 500, the FTSE 100, the Nikkei and the DAX.
Our clients can execute trades across all major asset classes on international stock exchanges, with the security provided by one of the world’s leading trading and settlement systems, Pershing LLC.
Through OMIS, our clients can access the tailored investment advice needed to diversify their portfolio and easily invest across:
- International Equities
- International Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Fixed Interest
- Foreign Exchange.
- Individual advice through an Ord Minnett Adviser and tailored investment solutions
- Access to a wide and diverse range of global securities and markets
- All securities are held in fully disclosed custody accounts
- Regular updates of your holdings
- All buy and sell orders can be settled from your nominated Australian bank account
- Online access to trade confirmations and statements.
- Diversification – by investing in international shares, you can diversify your exposure to different economic circumstances, including economic and investment cycles.
- Greater choice on investment options – investors you can gain greater exposure to industries and sectors under-represented in Australia.
- More control of your investment portfolio – you can invest directly in the shares of the world's largest companies including Apple, Alphabet (Google), Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, Visa, Walmart, Nestlé and other blue-chip stocks.
- Efficient delivery and storage of client communications – you will receive your client communications via OMIS online and can also access historic information including account statements and trade confirmations.
Access global share markets – OMIS clients can access shares listed on major markets in North America, Europe, Asia, South America, and various emerging markets across the globe. Your Ords Adviser has direct access to listed shares across all major international exchanges including:
- US – New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ
- United Kingdom – London Stock Exchange
- Japan – Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Canada – Toronto Stock Exchange
Trade through your own US account – once you register as an OMIS client with your Adviser, Ord Minnett will open a US account on your behalf. Settlement of all your international trades is conducted through Pershing’s US cash account. Ords can organise transfers of funds between your Pershing cash account and any nominated account associated with your Australian equities trading account.
Foreign exchange – Ord Minnett will settle your foreign exchange obligations using your existing Australian bank account. You can also keep foreign currencies in your trading account for use at a later date.
"Through prudent investment advice and market analysis, Ord Minnett has been building the wealth of investors for generations."
Get in Touch
Start a Conversation with an Ord Minnett Adviser today.
'Building Wealth for Generations'
150 years +
Proud History & Heritage