Ord Minnett Corporate Finance provides clients with best-in-class service across the spectrum of capital market financing, mergers and acquisitions, and aftermarket support
A PROUD HERITAGE OF EXCELLENCE
Ord Minnett Corporate Finance executives have many years of global investment banking and commercial experience. In putting together a team for a particular assignment we are able to draw on a variety of professional backgrounds, including finance, engineering, law, accounting, retail, agriculture and management consulting.
Ord Minnett Corporate Finance provides clients with best-in-class service across the spectrum of capital market financing, mergers & acquisitions and aftermarket support.
Specialisation in underwriting and advising companies that are seeking to raise capital.
- ASX IPO
- Secondary raisings for listed companies (institutional placements, share purchase plans, entitlement offers, selldowns and block trades)
- Unlisted growth capital
Equity and equity-linked security issuance capabilities (convertible notes).
Fixed income / hybrid capital (convertible preference shares, subordinated notes and capital notes) origination, structuring, execution and distribution.
Advisory and evaluation of capital requirements:
- Optimal capital structure analysis
- Review of funding options
- Execution of capital management strategies
- Negotiation with senior and junior lenders
Corporate strategy development, and assistance in the development of business plans, industry analysis, competitive positioning and shareholder communication strategies.
Investor identification, engagement and education – including strategic investors.
Board structuring advice and proprietary executive & non-executive Director candidate database.
- Merger & acquisition advisory capabilities across public market takeovers and defence
- Strategic advisory relating to the assessment of divestitures and joint ventures
- Target/acquirer identification, review and approach strategy
- Transaction structuring, negotiation, due diligence, risk analysis valuation, financing and execution
- Defence preparation, offer analysis, response strategy and corporate valuation
- White knight search and engagement
The most comprehensive and best-resourced emerging company coverage in the Australian market.
Complete investor coverage encompassing institutional investors, family offices, High Net Worth individuals and retail investors, across Australia and internationally.
Multi-channel after-market support:
- Market commentary & trade activity analysis
- Domestic & international roadshows
- Investor conferences & media relations
- Presentations to the Ord Minnett network
Proprietary research from our experienced team of equity research analysts and investment strategists, supplemented by access to global institutional research – delivering unparalleled breadth and depth.
Ord Minnett's equity research product offering was ranked the #1 Emerging Company Focused Broker and #2 Overall (including global investment banks) for Small Cap Priority Accounts in 2019.*
Research Platform Overview
- Ord Minnett's proprietary research from our in-house team of research analysts and investment strategists are renowned for their coverage of emerging ASX-listed stocks
- Ord Minnett’s equity research product offering was ranked as the #1 Emerging Company Focused Broker and #2 overall (including global investment banks) for Small Cap Priority Accounts in 2019
- Ord Minnett was also ranked as the Most Improved (2017 to 2019) for All Investors Small Cap Stock Research
- Coverage of >80 emerging companies across a range of sectors, including technology, diversified financials, travel and consumer discretionary, resources, property and professional services
- Ord Minnett’s Research ‘black out’ period is 14 days (vs. 45 days for most US-operating investment banks)
*Peter Lee Research Ranking Survey, 2019
Ross Baildon - Managing Director & Head of Corporate Finance
Ross has over twenty five years' investment banking experience covering capital markets, equity sales, sales trading & trading. Ross has been instrumental in delivering and executing over 350 successful capital market transactions including pre IPO, privatisations, IPOs, follow-ons and equity-linked across all Asia Pacific markets. His previous roles include Managing Director and Head of ECM Syndicate Asia for UBS and Credit Suisse.
P: +61 7 3214 5509
Steven Boggiano - Managing Director, Head of Mergers & Acquisitions
Steven possesses over twenty years' in investment banking and executive management experience across North America (New York), Europe (London) and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong / Sydney). During his career, Steven has worked on a broad range of listed and unlisted mergers, divestments, acquisitions, strategic reviews, restructurings and capital raisings. Previously Steven was Managing Director and Head of Asia for Healthcare, Consumer & Retail at Barclays Investment Bank. Prior to joining Ord Minnett, Steven founded the independent advisory firm Magnes Capital in 2017 and also served as Chief Strategy Officer and Acting Chief Financial Officer of Estia Health.
P: +61 2 8216 6333
Gavan Carroll - Managing Director, Head of Capital Markets
Gavan has over fifteen years’ experience in investment banking and financial markets, focusing on telecommunications, media and technology (TMT). He previously worked at Credit Suisse, leading their TMT Investment Banking team for emerging companies, was twice voted Australia’s top specialist Hedge Fund Salesperson (AsiaMoney) and covered media at Credit Suisse in equity research. Prior to this he worked in London at Royal Bank of Scotland and Credit Suisse in their structured products and exotic derivative teams, and as a Senior Accountant in KPMG’s Financial Services Division.
P: +61 2 8216 6733
Get in Touch
Start a Conversation with Ord Minnett Corporate Finance today.
'Best-in-Class advice to clients'