A new company initiative dedicated to private investments
DEDICATED TO PRIVATE INVESTMENTS
Ord Minnett Private Capital was established to cultivate, assess and manage investments in unlisted assets.
- We provide flexible financing solutions through a combination of investment structures to high-growth opportunities, backed by strong operating partners.
- We look to form a collaborative working partnership with each portfolio asset and aim to add value through our operating experience, extensive network of senior executives and, where applicable, transactional capabilities.
- The Ord Minnett Private Opportunities Fund (“Fund”) was launched to provide growth and expansion capital to high quality, innovative and leading Australian private companies.
- The Fund will seek to capitalise on pre-IPO, early stage and expansion investments alongside opportunity specific co-investments offered to our investors.
- Access to Ord Minnett’s extensive networks means a unique proprietary deal flow origination channel.
- The Investment Team bring a high conviction, active approach towards identifying unique investments that offer attractive risk / return profiles.
- Post investment, the Investment Team seek to be actively involved in portfolio companies and where applicable aim to enhance value through our expertise.
- The Fund comprises an Early Stage Venture Capital Limited Partnership (ESVCLP), a structure offers significant tax incentives to Investors.
Attachment A: FLYER - DOWNLOAD HERE
Attachment B: PRESENTATION - DOWNLOAD HERE
- In February 2021, Ord Minnett Private Capital co-invested alongside Australian Unity to fund the development of a $125 million, 15-story premium seniors community facility situated in Albert Park Lake, South Melbourne.
- Co-located with Australian Unity’s newest retirement village, The Grace, the mixed-use community facility forms part of an integrated wellbeing precinct and comprising residential aged-care places, assisted living apartments, rooftop private dining and a wellness centre.
- The investment was undertaken through an asset-specific vehicle that is currently managed by Ord Minnett Private Capital.
Latest Private Capital News
Private Capital Investment Committee
Karl Morris - CEO & Managing Director, Ord Minnett
Karl Morris is the Chief Executive and Managing Director of Ord Minnett Ltd, with a career spanning over 30 years in financial services and wealth management. He is a Commerce graduate of Griffith University and holds diplomas from the Stockbrokers and Financial Advisers Association of Australia, FINSIA and the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He was awarded an officer of the Order of Australia (AO) on Australia Day 2019, for distinguished service to the financial and stockbroking sectors, and to the community through a range of organisations.
Karl is Chairman of the Brisbane Broncos Ltd, Chair of Bravehearts Foundation Fund, Chair of the Mary MacKillop Brisbane Catholic School Access Fund and Chair of the American Chamber of Commerce in Australia (AmCham) Council of Governors in Queensland. His other Board memberships include Australian Catholic University, J.P. Morgan Australia Advisory Council and National Vice Patron of Bravehearts. He is a Master Member (and former Chair 2012-2018) of the Stockbrokers and Financial Advisers Association of Australia, and former Chairman of QSuper (2013-2019). He also sits on the Investment Committees of the Catholic Archdioceses of Brisbane and Sydney.
Trent Donnelly - Director, Private Capital Ord Minnett
Trent has over 20 years plus financial services experience across accounting, corporate recovery, investment banking and asset management. Previously, Head of Corporate Finance for Ord Minnett and most recently, Managing Director of Aura Capital part of Aura Group, a boutique Asia Pacific alternative asset manager.
Melissa Babbage - External Member
Melissa has over 20 years plus investment banking experience, including Managing Director, Deutsche Bank with significant NED, investment, risk and investment committee experience with organisations such as Swiss Re, Q Super and Mercer.
Andrew Best - External Member
Andrew has over 30 years plus investment banking experience, and most recently Head of Investment Banking in Australia for J.P. Morgan.
Get in Touch
Start a Conversation with Ord Minnett Private Capital today.
'Offering unlisted private investments'
Get Investor Insights Straight to your Inbox!
Get Started. Become an Informed Investor.
By submitting your email, you understand you are opting-in to receive ongoing communications from Ord Minnett, and understand your email may be used to invite you to attend investment webinars, IPO briefings and other marketing communications and purposes. You can UNSUBSCRIBE at any time, and your email will be removed from our marketing list.